Since this is a sequel I don’t have to convince you to read this book. If you read A Darker Shade Of Magic then you will obviously read A Gathering Of Shadows. I reviewed the first book and I loved it! See post here.
Just like the first book, it’s slow but living inside the Londons and discovering new things in this story is what still gets me into it. And then the ending! What a way to end a book!!! I’m still in shock! Who could Victoria do this to me?! Not going to go on with details but the ending will surely make you crawl. All I wanted to know is this book and I have to wait until the third!
For this review I will go and point out the things I loved about A Gathering Of Shadows:
1. Victoria already warned us that there will be kisses. Well, she wasn’t lying! Loved EVERY kissing scene. Yes, there’s more than one.
2. LILA BARD! OMG I am totally obsessed with her. I used to love her after ADSOM but after this book, I adore her. We get a lot of Lila and her chapters where the parts I loved the most. We get to know a little bit more of her, not as much as we want but at least is something. She’s still the same stubborn thief and everything she is and MORE.
3. Ships will sail in every sense of the word. *interpret as you want and still counts*
4. New characters are just as amazing as the old ones.
5. You will love the old characters even more, specially Kell.
5. The bromance between Rhy and Kell gets better. Now that they are spending more time together their bound is more appreciable.
What I didn’t love:
- THE MASSIVE CLIFFHANGER. (*I DID loved it, but let’s say I didn’t to make more drama.* ) The only thing I wanted to know and was waiting for it to happen, never happened. I already checked if my book was missing words. My book is totally fine. And still this is not a reason to not love this book because we are all masochist and we like to suffer.
A Gathering Of Shadows will make you suffer in a good a bad way. It could be worse so don’t worry much. It’s a great sequel that will leave you BEGGING for book three.
“I am one of a dammed kind.”
“Lila felt her body move toward him, drawn as if by gravity, several steps lost before she caught herself.”
“I’m free because I fought for it.”
“I do not know why you two are circling each other like stars. It is not my cosmic dance.”
“Mysteries are always more exciting than truths.”
“But Lila never let the odds get in her way.”