It’s hard to do this review without spoilers or mild spoilers. I won’t say any direct spoiler but it might seem to. Read at your own risk.
What can I say?!! THIS BOOK WAS PERFECT AND BEYOND PERFECT ! I don’t want to read anything else until the last book.
- Elide Lochan is officially my favorite character in this series! I love her so much and you can’t understand until YOU read this book.
- Lorcan!!! LORCAN LOVE OF MY LIFE. Okay, yeah, he’s kind of an asshole, but in Queen Of Shadows he hated Rowan and Aelin like I was in that book so I related a lot him now. Well, be aware that he will be your new book boyfriend. Nah, don’t think about it he’s mine.
- There’s a new ship. A NEW SHIP I AM OBSESSED WITH.
- Manon! YAAAS! Manon is perfection.
- My biggest ship in Queen Of Shadows is sailing and it’s amazing! So happy!!
- There’s a Dorian scene I die. Yes! My baby is a big man now.
- Rowan. My friends were so happy when I finally said, “I LOVE ROWAN!” I can’t explain much why I love him now, but in this book we can see Rowan working things by himself and not being behind Aelin all the time. And well, some other stuff that happened. I totally ship Rowaelin.
- Revelations! There’s so many revelations what will twist things and make this story take another level.
The ending broke me in million pieces. It’s a mix of good and bad things, hope and despair. I can’t explain it. You have to read it, specially with the music Sarah J. Maas recommended for the ending. This book changed me. I thought I was losing my love for this series but this book took me back on track.
I’m still on book hangover, searching highlighted passages, and rereading my favorite scenes.
After I finished, I read Chaol’s short story that comes in the WHSmith edition. They’re currently out of stock and impossible to get anywhere outside US, so I suggest you find it online, like I did. This story completed me. It was something I knew I need, first because Chaol is my #1 favorite character and second because here he explained why he could never be with Aelin. I will always secretly ship Chaoleana in my heart, but I’m okay they never ended up together and I’m so happy he found Nesryn Faliq because she’s perfect for him.
I want to give a BIG thanks to my friend and carranam Michelle! We did a read along, celebrating this book and our one year friendship. We were there for each other reading and suffering and shipping at the same time.
And yes! We were in the cover reveal and we met Sarah J. Maas together twice.😀